Rowan Blanchard’s Textured Faux Bangs for Calvin Klein
Photo by https://www.instagram.com/chrishoran20/
“I have always wanted to do a bang on Rowan,” explains Laurie Heaps. “Since it was NYFW, it was the perfect time to try something different. I'm loving her cut and effortless texture. I thought how can I change it up a little while keeping it effortless – let’s do a faux fringe.”
1. Starting with dry hair, apply OUAI Soft Mousse to the roots for just the right amount of lift.
2. Taking hair in 1-inch sections, mist each with White Sands Liquid Texture Medium Styling Spray before heat is applied. This spray has thermal guards and style memory, while making the hair shinier as heat is applied.
3. For a slight bend, take the BioSilk Titanium Styling Iron and wave the hair by moving your wrist back and forth. This will create texture and movement.
4. For this look, I used The V Bang from The Hair Shop since it is designed to lay along your natural hair growth for a perfect blend.
5. To customize it, I cut it short and chopped into the extension to make the bang piecey and uneven.
6. I finished with Redken Windblown 05 Dry Texturizing Hairspray to create airy, weightless body.
Rowan Blanchard’s Undone Waves “Unwaves” for Proenza Schouler
1. Start with freshly cleansed and conditioned hair. Apply OUAI Soft Mousse to the roots followed by White Sands Liquid Texture Medium Styling Spray for heat protection and style memory for long lasting waves.
2. Next, begin blow drying with the BioSilk Titanium Professional Blow Dryer, adding the nozzle attachment.
3. Using your hands, lift and scrunch the hair to build texture.
4. When hair is almost dry, take large 1-inch sections and wrap them around 2 fingers and dry to create “Unwaves”. Continue this process throughout the crown area until finished.
5. Finish the unwaves with Redken Frizz Dismiss Smoothing Crème for frizz free lightness and softness.
Aly & AJ’s Sleek Parts for Jonathan Simkhai
1. After properly cleansing and conditioning, apply Redken Diamond Oil Glow Dry and mist White Sands Liquid Texture Medium Styling Spray for heat protection and shine. For even distribution, comb product cocktail through.
2. Next, blow dry the hair straight using a paddle brush.
For AJ’s look, create a center part and use the BioSilk Titanium Styling Iron to straighten from the root to midshaft. Turn the iron slightly and loosely ribbon the ends. Continue until the entire head is complete. Finish with OUAI Soft Hair Spray.
For Aly’s look, create a sleek part and use the BioSilk Titanium Styling Iron to straighten the hair from roots to the ends. With a boar brush, bring all of the hair back into a low ponytail and secure with a gold band. Braid the pony and secure with a gold elastic. To finish, take a small amount of White Sands Smudge Texture Creme to create a sleek smooth finish.