Behind the scenes with the hair and makeup team for the Vocal Duo of the Year Nominee
Hey, lovelies! Did you love the gorgeous makeup and hair at this year’s Country Music Awards as much as I did?
I have some great tips for how you can get some of the looks rocked by Maddie and Tae! Read on to get the look straight from the celebrity stylists who styled the lovely pair themselves!
Celebrity makeup artist Tarryn Feldman and celebrity hairstylist Kristen Carbine styled Maddie & Tae for The 52nd Academy of Country Music Awards. Nominated for Vocal Duo of the Year, the Nashville Glam stylists reveal how they created each of their looks step by step.
Tae’s Hair by Kristen Carbine:
1. Starting with damp hair, spritz thickening spray and rough dry with hair dryer.
2. Create a slight bend in the hair with a flat iron
3. Backcomb the roots all over the crown. Apply CHI dry shampoo combed with texture cream, gathering all of your hair in to a high messy bun
4. When pulling hair out of the bun, leave the ends flowing in the back
5. Pull down whispers to frame the face and spritz with CHI spray wax for a city swept look
6. Add a hair accessory under the bun
7. Finish with hairspray and secure with bobbie pins.
Maddie’s Hair by Kristen Carbine:
1. Starting with damp hair, spritz Oribe Maximista Thickening Spray and Kevin Murphy UN.TANGLED
2. Blow dry with and a medium Turbo Round Boar Brush by CHI.
3. Use CHI 44 Iron Guard Thermal Protection Spray for heat protection while styling.
4. Alternate between the T3 1″ Wand and the Bio Ionic 1″ 10x Pro Styling Iron. It is important to make sure all sections are styled away from the face. <
5. Add tease and laced hair extensions to add volume. Side part.
6. Add in CHI Spray Wax and ORIBE Dry Texturizing Spray while lightly texturizing the hair with your fingers.
7. Finish off with White Sands Infinity Hairspray for a flexible hold with shine.
Source: My Style Spot